This online course explores the role, techniques and key skills required for practicing business analysts, working in the public sector.
The course considers the multi-faceted role of business analysis and aims to increase the delegate’s confidence in their role as a business analyst, working in and towards agile environments with both technical and personal skills that enable a BA to thrive in the public sector.
You will learn:
• The many roles of the Business Analyst and how this relates to other project roles, T-shaping, and the “specialist” versus the “generalist”
• Fundamentals of stakeholder & ecosystem management and the meta skills to hone to improve your practice in this area
• The core components of business analysis – data, process, needs, and stakeholders; how these relate to your role, and improving your practice in these areas
• The fundamentals of Agile transformation and how these ways of working relate to public sector business analysis, including the difference between agile culture, frameworks, lifecycles and tools
• Ways to influence and champion culture change as part of Agile transformation
By the end of this 2-day course you will be able to:
• Critically assess project context and workplace for agile maturity
• Assess and apply key tools for agile requirements elicitation and refinement, data, and processes
• Better understand stakeholders and team members in an agile environment
• Employ techniques to influence culture change in an organisation
• Apply agile principles and working practices to your own work
This course is open to any business analyst working in the public sector.
To attend the web-based videoconference call, a laptop or computer is required.
During the training we will be using one of the following online collaboration tools, none of which require a prior account to access.
To view these tools, the learner will require an internet browser that does not restrict them. A link will be provided during the training.
If your organisation restricts joining Zoom meetings, you may need to use a personal device. If you have any issues with this, please let us know when signing up.
This Scottish Digital Academy session introduces you to agile values and agile ways of working.More Information
This online course is for those who want to explore how to deliver services using agile principles.More Information
An introduction to agile for teams who want to understand and apply agileMore Information
For delegates wanting to gain a strong foundation in digital accessibility to develop more accessible websites and apps.More Information
This course will super-charge your productivity with better data wrangling and analysis skills.More Information
Learn how to create plots and interactive dashboards using R, and learn how to communicate insights through data visualisations.More Information
This course is for people who want to know more about the Digital Scotland Service Standard.More Information
SCVO have developed the Essential Digital Skills toolkit to help you make practical use of the framework. It contains simple checklists for measuring Foundation Skills and Essential Skills, and guidance on how to interpret the results.More Information
Learn the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with AWS training and certification.More Information
Gain an overall understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudMore Information
An introduction to cloud computing looking at “what is the cloud” and the economics of cloud computingMore Information
A look at the core technology behind cloud computingMore Information
Product managers specialise in facilitating and coordinating the evolution of a product’s lifecycle, while identifying areas where challenges exist for the business via its customers and users.More Information
Delivery Managers specialise in ensuring teams deliver projects on behalf of a given business group.More Information
An introduction to leading an agile team where you will experience what it takes to build an effective agile team, the ceremonies and practices to get work done, and how to empower the team to be successful.More Information
An in-depth dive into agile practices and fostering an agile environment over all aspects of an organisation’s functions with a focus on empowering teams to succeed.More Information