This online course explores the role, techniques and key skills required for practicing business analysts, working in the public sector.
The course considers the multi-faceted role of business analysis and aims to increase the delegate’s confidence in their role as a business analyst, working in and towards agile environments with both technical and personal skills that enable a BA to thrive in the public sector.
You will learn:
• The many roles of the Business Analyst and how this relates to other project roles, T-shaping, and the “specialist” versus the “generalist”
• Fundamentals of stakeholder & ecosystem management and the meta skills to hone to improve your practice in this area
• The core components of business analysis – data, process, needs, and stakeholders; how these relate to your role, and improving your practice in these areas
• The fundamentals of Agile transformation and how these ways of working relate to public sector business analysis, including the difference between agile culture, frameworks, lifecycles and tools
• Ways to influence and champion culture change as part of Agile transformation
By the end of this 2-day course you will be able to:
• Critically assess project context and workplace for agile maturity
• Assess and apply key tools for agile requirements elicitation and refinement, data, and processes
• Better understand stakeholders and team members in an agile environment
• Employ techniques to influence culture change in an organisation
• Apply agile principles and working practices to your own work
This course is open to any business analyst working in the public sector.
To attend the web-based videoconference call, a laptop or computer is required.
During the training we will be using one of the following online collaboration tools, none of which require a prior account to access.
To view these tools, the learner will require an internet browser that does not restrict them. A link will be provided during the training.
If your organisation restricts joining Zoom meetings, you may need to use a personal device. If you have any issues with this, please let us know when signing up.